Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Lenten Meditation VIII


inspired by Psalms 51:18-19

The first reading today is Jonah 3:1-10. I love Jonah. He's a funny guy - always slip slidin' away from the clear directions given him by God, right up until he has to spend a few days in the belly of a fish.

Even after that he's not that happy. He finally does what the Lord asks of him, but starts grousing about the unfairness of it all when the people of Nineveh repent and the Lord then repents of the destruction he had planned for them.

Jonah is a lot like me. You may already have surmised this since I have taken his name and I call this blog Letters to Nineveh. I'm trying to do what God wants me to do, but I have to confess that I'm not often very clear on what that is. Maybe I'll go fishing later. The belly of a great fish seems a good place to reflect and repent. Anyone care to loan me a boat?

No comments: